Sivut

sunnuntai 25. maaliskuuta 2012

Workout in English

I got this U.S. Air Force water bottle from my friend Trisha when I saw her in Florida last month. Today I finally got around to taking photos of it in action at the gym :D
I started with a light oblique exercise that nicely simulates a golf swing. It's also a good warm up for the next exercise...


...which was deadlift. I usually do some warm ups and then 3 sets of 12 with 132 lbs.


Next up: walking lunges from one side of the gym to the other. 60 and 40 and 40 steps (that's 30+20+20 per leg. People on the treadmills usually try not to stare too much ;)
I couldn't really get pictures of myself doing the lunges so I captured some sunshine in stead. It was nice and sunny outside but we got some fresh snow during the night so it was easy to make the decision to work out indoors.
On the other side of the bottle there's a space where you can put your own picture. I printed out the Runnin' Rhino. The running rhino is desperate to look like a unicorn but she can't because she's another species. Poor thing.


Then I did some more obliques, bending my torso to one side holding a 44 pound barbell in one hand, 3 sets of 20 per side. By the way, I was wearing the Golden Nugget T-shirt that I got in Vegas in 2007. I love that shirt!
It was quite interesting trying to hold the phone still enough to get a decent shot. Normally my hands shake a bit too much to get sharp photos but now they shook like crazy because they were tired from the workout!


The shaking problem was even worse when I did calf raises. In stead of one good shot I've got 4 bad ones :D
I did 3 sets of 20 raising my own weight on one foot.


Hoover (static abs) is another exercise where you can't take photos of yourself or the equipment. I tried to be artsy and shoot my own shadow and gear....


Some cardio to finish it off... 30 minutes on the recliner bike reading a magazine :)


Last but not least, 20 minutes of stretching and my total gym time was 2 hours. Wow, time flies when you're having fun ;)

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti